Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Parents' Visit- HCMC Last Day

My parents' last day was on Tuesday. It was the day after we got back from Mui Ne. We didn't have a whole lot of things we had to do that day. My mom had to pick up stuff from the tailors and they wanted to go back to Ben Thanh Market for a few things.
I told them we had to get a picture of them in front of the market since we never took pictures of that.
So we ran all our errands and then crossed the busy intersection in front of the market. It's a roundabout that has crazy traffic most of the time. We managed to get the pictures we wanted and then we went to lunch.
Sean ended up staying home from work that day because he still felt horrible, but he joined us for lunch. We went to Pho Le which we've deemed the best Pho in Saigon. It's super yummy beef pho. The place looks a little dodgy, but it really is delicious. My parents agreed. They really enjoyed the pho. After that we went back to the house so my parents rest, pack and so I could go shopping for stuff to make dinner. I ended up making sloppy joes.

After dinner my parents caught a cab to the airport. I was sad to have them go. Their visit went by so fast. They easily could have stayed here another 2 weeks, but they had other adventures awaiting them. Their flight would take them to Thailand where they'd stay for like 5 days before they'd go to Bali for the remainder of their vacation. I can't wait to hear about the rest of their trip. I missed them as soon as they left, but at least we know we'll be seeing them soon. We'll probably be heading back to Seattle (at least for a few weeks) in June. I'm so glad that my parents came to visit and that I was able to share a little bit of my world here. I'm sure it was cool for them to see how I've been living the last two years. I love you guys so much and I'm so thankful to have had you here as my guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment